Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My Job shadow

My job shadow was allot of fun for me because I talked to people who played video games or kind of create his own video game. Jay Austin who plays Second Life in the Internet, in which he can basically whatever he wants. He showed me how to play Second Life and I thought it was amazing that there is a website in which I can make my own video game. Later after I have created a account in Second Life, it went horrible because my computer could not handle the server. So later on I hope I can get a better computer, and maybe later I can run Second Life in my server.

London Yang was probably the one who interest me the most because he showed me how to do this graphics in the computer. On how he can create a person or thing and make he/she a living thing, and make a movie out of it. He showed me his movies, that he had made with his character and I thought he did a great job. He told me it was hard work but his work showed off.

Patrick Cavanaugh is a professor in UNO who teach kind of like a game production. He should me, the video games that other students have created an it looked pretty fun to play. Mr. Cavanaugh looks he knows video games very well, because he also teach game history in which I would like to take. What he told me about UNO he interested me to go. Judy Kelly gave me a great tour to the Computer Science area in which it gave me more interestedto go to UNO. After the meeting all this people it made more interested in working in the Game Industry.

Thanks London, Patrick, Jay and Judy for a great job shadow,
John

No comments: