Monday, June 16, 2008

Still In High School But Going To College

What encourage me the most to go here at UNO is to go to college and to know what college will be like. Going to college while still at High School might help me out what college would be like when I get into college. After a couple of day's of sitting in a classroom made me feel like a college student than a regular high school student taking a college class. What really motivates me is that I have the chance to go to the Summer Scholar Program in which most people don't get. I mean there are smarter people out there who has better grades than me who didn't get this opportunity and for some reason it kind of made me feel good inside.

The challenge I'm facing right now is going to college and hoping not to fail my sociology class or get a C in which is like failing to me. The other challenge is my job, asking them to cut my hours/days is not something I like to do. But really in a point I can't worry about that because this course I am taking in College (Sociology) is mush more important than just making 6 bucks and hour and making 3 dollars in tip and working 3 hours a night. Other thing that I am facing right now is my friends, that it feels like, in their facial expression and what their saying is that they don't want me to be in the summer school program, because they didn't want me to go to college at UNO and their looking at me that I'm wasting my summer which I'm not. The good thing is that I have a good sociology teacher saying that some of your friends will do that to you, in which they will put you down.

I learn that I'm luckier than some people, because their are some who did not get this great opportunity that I am getting right now in which I'm still in High School but I am going to college for the summer in which UNO is paying for my tuition. The experience that I am getting in this Summer School Program is that I feel smarter than ever and that I really don't care what other people think of me about me going to college, not in which my parent's are not saying not to go to college, in which they are supportive and which I am proud that I have a supportive family.

No comments: